Student Success Stories

HOW HAS CDS HELPED?
“I utilized Career Development Services for resume, personal statement, graduate school application and assistantship acceptance letter writing assistance.”

WHAT HELPED MOST?
“Not being afraid to ask for help anytime I wanted to improve my resume and assistantship acceptance letter is what made me different from others.”

ADVICE FOR OTHERS
"The services provided by CDS are priceless. Do not hesitate to drop them an email or phone call or visit them whenever necessary. Trust me, you will not regret it!"

HOW HAS CDS HELPED?
“It seems like it would be miserable to go from a three-hour lecture class to a seminar on job searches, but it is the absolute best thing you can do for yourself. I worked for Career Services for almost two years as a public relations intern. I’ve heard all the lectures several times, but I still learned something new each time.”

I WISH I HAD KNOWN...
“Networking is absolutely vital to having a successful career. Not only can it help you find a job, but it can also offer you insight into that career field. After having met people in the PR field I was able to fully realize the importance of writing skills and the need to adopt new social media.”

ADVICE FOR OTHERS
“No matter how daunting the task may seem, never give up on what you want. It may not come easily or quickly but if you’re determined and persistent you can get the career of your dreams.”


HOW HAS CDS HELPED?
“I went numerous times to various Career Counselors to get help with my resume. I also attended multiple Career Expos in search of an internship and a job. I eventually acquired both through one of the career fairs.”

ADVICE FOR OTHERS
“Start early and utilize all of the resources that CDS has to offer. Treat the job search as if it is a job itself. Be persistent and do not get discouraged.”

THE AUBURN EXPERIENCE
“I received a very diverse, educational, and fun life changing experience while attending Auburn.”

HOW HAS CDS HELPED?
“I went to CDS for resume help. After several visits I had a strong resume that highlighted my strengths and most importantly, one that I was proud of.”

WHAT HELPED MOST?
“My senior year I attended several career fairs. I was very nervous, so I first went to ones that had nothing to do with my major so I could familiarize myself with the process and not worry about making an impression. The more you go to and the earlier you start, the easier it gets! Push through the nervousness: It will pay off greatly!”

ADVICE FOR OTHERS
“You have to be proactive about your job search. Your future is in your hands, and your dream job will not be handed to you. More than anything, know yourself and what you want to do to make yourself happy. This is nobody's job but your own.“



HOW HAS CDS HELPED?
“I attended Career Development Services’ workshops and Career Expo as well as using TRL and e-resume review. I met contacts that eventually turned into job offers . Even with a strong resume, the best response came from people I was able to get in front of at Career Expo.”

ADVICE FOR OTHERS
“Don't be afraid to put yourself out there, ask questions, make contacts and maintain them. Even if you start by interviewing with companies that aren't your first choice, there's no better practice than actual interviews with all the pressures that go along with them. You also might surprise yourself and find that you are perfect for something you hadn't ever thought of.”

No comments: