They are open to all Auburn students and alumni. There is no pre-registration of any type necessary. Please read the information below. It covers what to expect, what to bring with you, what to wear, how to use the RSVP option, and the interviews being held the days following each Expo.
Engineering & Technical Expo: Mon, Sep. 28 (interviews the next day on Sep 29)
Business & Non Technical Expo - Wed, Sep. 30 (interviews the next day on Oct 1)
- Both Expos are from 3:00-7:00 at the Hotel at Auburn University.
- If you would like to see a list of who is scheduled to attend the Expos so far, look here:
Dec '09, May '10 and Aug '10 graduates from all majors are encouraged to attend either or both events. This is a great time to introduce yourself to employers and find out what they are looking for in candidates. Some of them may also be looking for interns.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- ID - Bring your student ID for a faster check-in process.
- DRESS - Professional business attire is strongly encouraged. If you don't own a suit, dress as professionally and conservatively as possible.
- BRING RESUMES with you. A few employers may collect resumes from you while you are there. Most will tell you to submit your resume to them online or in TRL. If they tell you to submit it to Career Development Services, they mean in TRL. Some employers will be scheduled to come back to Auburn to interview later this semester. Those employers will be the ones to tell you to apply online. You can go ahead and check out the jobs posted for upcoming interviews under the Jobs menu. Using the Show Me drop down menu, select All Interviews (OCR only).
- PARKING - Career Development Services is offering a Shuttle service. The shuttle will pick up from the parking lot across from Momma Goldberg's on Magnolia. A shuttle will run between 2:30-7:30 between that lot and the Dixon Conference Center. Look for the CDS Shuttle banners in the parking lot and wait there to be picked up. Keep in mind that there is only one shuttle making the trip so you will probably have to wait a few minutes for it to pick you up, depending on how bad the traffic is on Magnolia. Please note: THE SHUTTLE WILL ONLY RUN ON EXPO DAYS WHICH ARE MONDAY AND WEDNESDAY. It will not run on Tuesday or Thursday. Whatever you do, don't park at The Cambridge or you WILL get towed.
CAREER EXPO EVENT RSVP
You can RSVP to the employers scheduled to attend these events by submitting your resume for them to review prior to the night of the event. This is how it will work:
- In your TRL account, click on the Events tab on the far right.
- Click on the name of the event which is listed as a Fall09 event. (The RSVP option is only turned on for Career Services' Career Expos. It's not available for any of the College of Business events listed.)
- At the top of that page, which shows the list of everyone registered so far, you will see "Submit your resume and RSVP to this event to let participating organizations know you are interested in them." Click on the GO box.
- You'll see "Resume: Please select a resume for employers to view" and a drop down box where you can choose your resume if you have more than one. Below that, you will see a list of the employers with a check box next to each of their names. You have two options:
A. If you don't check the box next to any of the employers, you will be sending a general RSVP to all of them. On the employer's side of TRL, they will see your name and resume on their RSVP page. When you're ready, click the submit button at the bottom of the page.
B. If you check the box for one or more of the employers, all of the employers will still have your name and resume on their RSVP list, but for those you checked, they have a special icon that shows up next to your name that says "interest shown." When you're finished, click the submit button at the bottom of the page.
- If you need to cancel or edit your RSVP, you can go back to your Events page, click on the name of the event and you'll see a link that says, "You have RSVP'd for this event. Modify your RSVP information." Click on that to check/uncheck boxes or to cancel your RSVP all together.
- Note: Even though this feature is called an RSVP, if you cannot make it to the event, using this feature is a great way to get your resume in front of those employers scheduled to attend.
Some employers will conduct interviews while they are here for Expo (as opposed to coming back later in the semester). The employers interviewing the day after the Expos will actually fill their interview schedules AT the Expo. You do not need to apply ahead of time. Talk to them at Expo and sign up for an interview time for the next day while you are at Expo. All interviews held the day after the Expos are held at the AU Hotel (not in Martin Hall). All interviews signed up for through TRL during the rest of the recruiting season will be held in Martin Hall.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHO WILL INTERVIEW THE NEXT DAY?
A couple of days before the Expo, Karen Allen will email you, through TRL, the following:
- A list of the employers scheduled to hold interviews while they are here for the Expo.
- List of attendees and maps of where you can find their tables.
PREPARATION: CAREER COUNSELORS
whether you need to talk about your attire or to get your resume or interview skills reviewed, you should come by our office to see a Career Counselor. They are knowledgeable in these areas and care about helping AU students reach their employment goals. Our office is located in 303 Martin Hall. Walk-in hours are from Noon-4:00 on M-F. To make an appointment to see a Counselor, call 844-4744. For more information, check out the
Career Development Services home page: or the Career Services Job Central home page.
How to Work a Career Fair (Mike Stover, Neptune Tech. Group Inc.)
Tue, Sep 22 * 7 - 8 p.m. * The Hotel at AU, Ballroom A
Interviewing Tips (Jay French, Prommis Solutions):
Thu, Sep 24 * 7 - 8 p.m. * The Hotel at AU, Ballroom A
Negotiating Job Offers & Personal Finances (Jack Walls, AU CDS & Brenda Dozier, Legacy Financial Group, Inc.)
Tue, Oct 27 * 7 - 9 p.m. * The Hotel at AU, Ballroom B
UPCOMING INFORMATION SESSIONS
Huntsville Chamber of Commerce
Tue, Sep 29 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. 1122 Shelby Center
Tue, Sep 29 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. 1124 Shelby Center
Engineering & MIS majors
View details at www.auburn.edu/career
MORE INFORMATION ON UPCOMING EVENTS IS AVAILABLE: