Career Leadership Seminar Fall 2010


Attention! Calling all junior, senior, and graduate level students at Auburn University! This fall, you should take advantage of the Career Leadership Seminar. Why not? It is absolutely FREE to you! There is no catch. Now you ask, “What is the Career Leadership Seminar?” Read on to learn more…

The Office of Career Development Services is offering this 7 week seminar which will be held on Thursdays from 2 – 4 p.m. beginning on October 7. (Please note: You must attend all 7 sessions.) If you are still interested in participating after reading this blog, please send a resume and letter of interest to Katie Mantooth at mantokp@auburn.edu no later than Friday, September 24th. Feel free to e-mail Katie with questions or call 844.4744 for more information.

Now let’s move on to what you really want to know!

During the seminar, you will learn more about your personality, interests, skills and values. As a result, you will be able to better market yourself to potential employers.

To be more specific, you will be taking a series of assessments (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator – Personality Assessment; StrengthsFinder – Skills Assessment; Strong Interest Inventory – Interest Inventory; and BarOn EQ-i – Emotional Intelligence Inventory). We will be discussing what your results mean, and you will learn a lot about yourself as an individual.

Next, we will take a look at your personal values and leadership style and how they play into your personal and professional life. You will be learning how to set long-term goals as well as how to write a personal mission statement. As we near the end of the seminar, you will develop a professional resume and cover letter. Last, but not least, we will be holding mock interviews to help you hone your job interview skills.

Don’t miss out! This is a great opportunity for YOU! Don’t take my word for it. Check out these quotes from students who have completed the program:

“Participating in CLS made me more aware of my strengths and helped me prepare for my job search. I am more confident in approaching employers because I now know how to market myself.”

“Before attending CLS, I was very nervous about finding a job after graduation, but now I’m excited about using my personality and strengths to find a job and lead others in my career.”

“CLS was a wonderful opportunity to learn about different leadership styles and how my own leadership style can be used in the work place.”

No comments: