The phone call went like this:
- Discuss Resume, past experiences that relate to this position
- Why are you interested and what are your qualifications for the job?
- What are your expectations as far as the experience and salary? (oops! I did not do proper research for salary and asked her what was the typical pay.)
- The next step: send information to the hiring manager and set up a face to face interview
- Find a quiet place with little foot traffic (I made the mistake of being in the lobby of Mary Martin)
- Know your resume and be prepared to answer questions or elaborate on experience
- DON'T ramble! Relate what you say to the potential job position.
- Show personality appropriately. Keep things light, communicate your interests, take note of your vocal tone and inflection.
Margaret Kloess '10