Auburn Student Job Search - Get Cookin'

This week I had the privilege of attending my first Career Center event (Get Cookin’ with the Career Center). The weather was not quite like I expected, but I survived and had a good time. Many students just came out for the free hamburgers, hot dogs, veggie burgers (which I tried for the first time), chips and drinks. But the Career Center also had different employers stationed around for students to network with.

What was so great about this networking opportunity was that the employers were genuinely interested in getting to know the students. Through my interaction with them I realized they weren't these mean people sitting on the other side of the desk, glaring at me and asking me impossible questions as I had envisioned. They were real people...who want to recruit Auburn students...and do so with smiles on their faces.

If you too weren't aware that the Career Center provides several of these more casual networking events (view Information Sessions on TRL) and more formal networking events like Career Expo, I encourage you to research and attend these events! I had the opportunity to ask two employers why they were at the cookout, so check out this video to learn more!



Paige Robinson '12
Career Center Intern

No comments: