Oh, the places your resume will go!

I got an interesting email last week. It was from a recruiter from J.P. Turner out of Atlanta, Ga. Guess how he got my name, email and resume? Tiger Recruiting Link!

That’s right, there is a way that companies can come to YOU, not the other way around. In TRL, you can opt to have your resume and cover letters open to registered employers/recruiters. I obviously checked that box, and now I have been contacted.

Apparently, employers can look through internet based resume books, large books full of YOUR resumes, and then make their selections. This recruiter was looking for business, marketing and public relations (that’s me!) majors to meet the needs of an open position and internship program. This makes me extremely excited because I didn’t even have to fill out an application. In the email, he asked me to call him if I was interested in interviewing, and the rest is history.

What is holding you back from creating an account on Tiger Recruiting Link? This is a valuable resource that only requires a few clicks. If you don’t have an account yet, watch this video to learn how to create yours:



Paige Robinson '12
Career Center Intern

No comments: