"What's wrong?!" you ask?
- It's a sundress. (too much skin)
- It's too casual.
- It screams, "Remember my clothes!" (You are going for "Remember me and my skills.")
What's better about this?
- Less skin is showing.
- The jacket helps create a more formal look.
What doesn't work?
- Short sleeves really aren't a formal business look.
- Avoid strappy sandals and stick to a close toe pump.
- The skirt is probably approaching too short. (Check skirt length by sitting in front of a mirror and checking how much leg shows...you don't want a Marilyn Monroe moment in an interview.)
How about this Banana Republic suit? It isn't your Aunt Myrtle's polyester nightmare. Now, while I stick to the afore mentioned shoe recommendation, let's talk about what works here:
- Black is always safe as is a skirt suit...though a pants suit works in most environments these days.
- The skirt is long enough to allow for the rise that comes with sitting.
- The jewelry isn't too flashy or distracting. (If you're a fidgeter and would twirl a necklace like this, don't wear it.)
So, there you go. We've found the look that says, "I'm a capable professional," instead of "Eeeeeeee! Look how cute I am. Let's go shopping together soon!"
More questions? Come by 303 Martin Hall. Dillard's has provided us with some sharp and seasonal samples.
Today's Career Coach: Katie