Research says that 85% of jobs are obtained through networking. So...here are some tips to keep you networking...ALL THE TIME!
- Remember you are always networking.
- Contact cards are as important as your credit cards.
- Keep contact cards easily accessible.
- People will form an impression of you within the first five seconds.
- Positive words are attractive.
- Always extend your hand for handshake.
- Shake hands with everyone.
- Stand when you are being introduced to someone.
- Write your first name in large letters on your name tag.
- Wear your name tag on your right side.
- Decide what your objective is before you go to any event.
- You know what you know; ask questions so that you can learn.
- The person standing alone could be the most interesting person in the room.
- The way you introduce yourself should be fun.
- Networking is about building relationships. People purchase products and hire people they know and like.
Resource: Valerie Matta, VP Business Development, CareerShift, LLC