Job Search and Discounts

I was reviewing a job search magazine this morning and ran across an add for Ann Taylor. The first thing that caught my eye is that the blurb that read:

STUDENTS receive 20% off full-price purchases at Ann Taylor when you show your college ID (in-store only).

I had no idea. And since they actually carry suits that I wouldn't be horrified to see a college woman sport at Career Expo, I followed the link listed below the discount promotion (I am such a sucker for a sale!) to anntaylorcareers.com.

There I found job and internship postings for the following areas:

Design
District Management
E-Commerce
Finance
Internal Audit
Logistics/LDC (Distribution Center)/Corp Ops
Marketing
Merchandising
Planning
Procurement
Real Estate, Purchasing, Construction
Sales Associates/Stock Associates Openings
Store Management
Visual Merchandising

Too often I meet students who are too narrow in their job search. But someone who has a love of beautiful things and a mind for say...finance...can indeed blend the two. So, back-up. Ask yourself, what do I LOVE? What kind of people make that organization, industry or even leisure activity work? I bet it's broader than you think.

Career Development Services has some resources to help you learn more about industries. Check out these resources:

CareerShift
CareerBeam
Resources in Career Library in 303 Martin Hall

No comments: